Once our job of stripping, cleaning, and waxing the clients floor has been completed, their new task of keeping that floor looking fresh is paramount.
The amount of effort, money, and dedication to get the job done right is high on the list of reasons why you might take care of the floor after this kind of work.
So rather than finding out the hard work and costs it took, you could just do what is outlined here and spend the rest of your time with your family in the sunshine, talking about business with your clients or whatever it is that you do in that time saved.
Steps for success
- Obtain a neutral, non-abrasive floor cleaner specific for this job. Make sure, the one that you choose does not attack the finish unintentionally when you wash, but help lift dirt and other types of contaminants effectively. Always read the directions and follow them carefully!
- Obtain a damp mop, bucket, dust broom, vacuum and soft cloth. Invest in quality items as they will help preserve the life of the wax, preventing scuffing and marring of the surface.
- Sweep any large debris out of the area, and vacuum as necessary.
- Fill your bucket with hot water, and soak your mop. Wring it out so it is nice and damp.
- Apply the waxed floor cleaning solution(diluted if necessary) to the floor in a controlled manner so you don’t overrun yourself. This will be best done by your own experience, so start small if you have to.
- Mop back and forth in measured steps from the back of the area to the front, wringing out the mop as necessary.
- Survey your previously cleaned areas to make sure that you didn’t miss any spots, especially if you are in a hurry.
If you come across anything stuck to the floor, you can try to soak it with your pre-diluted cleaning solution for up to 10 minutes if necessary. Be aware that it still may take some of the wax with it, but you might be able to recover with a spot wax treatment.
You should be able to achieve approximately 2 weeks in between cleanings in general foot traffic for offices and the like. Places with higher traffic may require more frequent cleanings.
Clean up any spills as soon as possible! Unattended liquids or foods can attack the finish.
Keep following our recommendations for how often rewaxing of the floor is necessary until you need our professional services one more time.